Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, February 25, 2013

Constant (chocolate) cravings...

Had a bit of chocolate craving yesterday, but wanted whatever I ate to be healthy yet still quick and easy to make. Then I remembered a post in my facebook news-feed by 'Grass Fed Girl' for a 'Nourishing Dark Chocolate Gelatin Pudding' ...http://www.grassfedgirl.com/nourishing-dark-chocolate-gelatin-pudding/  I didn't have any chocolate in the house so tried a cocoa powder variation. I also altered the amount of gelatine as I wanted a more smooth and silky texture and not a jelly consistency and used coconut cream rather than coconut milk for extra richness. I had a box of 'Natvia' (A Stevia-Erythritol blend) that I'd won in a competition a while back so I used that to sweeten it. Here are the the results...

I call my version: Quick and Easy chocolate and coconut pudding.




Ingredients:



2 tsps. Gelatin powder
1/3 cup hot water
60 g Cocoa powder
1 400ml can coconut cream
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup Natvia (or honey/agave if you prefer) 


Method: 


Dissolve gelatin in hot water and set aside. Blend the remaining ingredients in another bowl until well combined.  Add the dissolved gelatin into the mix.  Pour into 4 ramekins and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours until set.

Couldn't be easier am I right? ...I hadn't planned on blogging about it but as it turned so delicious I had to share. The photo above isn't particularly great sorry. I think next time it might also be nice to decant into drinking  glasses rather than ramekins for better presentation.

0 comments: