Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, March 21, 2011

Dreaming of greener pastures…

I often hear people say the next house they live in will have a larger this, and a more modern that. But by ‘Upgrading’ to a more expensive home do we not also upgrade the size of the financial burdens that tend to go hand in hand with such a change.  Don’t get me wrong; if you can afford it go for it, but too often I see people getting in over their heads trying to ‘keep up with the Joneses’. So much of what was in the past was considered a luxury or a privilege is now considered a right or necessity.   The older I get the more I feel the exact opposite to this. Downgrading the size of our mortgage & reducing our overhead costs to me anyway, equals an upgrade to quality of our lives.

So now with our current house in the suburbs officially on the market, this dream is one step closer to becoming a reality.  Now I’m not going to put all my eggs into the one proverbial basket.  Sometimes things don’t go as planned. So if our house does not sell for the right price (and by that I mean a price that will make this whole thing financially viable) we will stay put and happily so. I really do love the suburb we currently reside in. It’s lovely and quiet with hilly tree lined streets. We also have lovely neighbours.  It’s just that the financial burdens of staying here could make setting up the business from scratch that much more difficult.  But push comes to shove we will deal with whatever life and the Divine himself has in store for us.

Here are pics of the current house we live in.  We have pretty much fully renovated it with the exception of the rather scary mission brown bathroom.(which I will not be including a photo of :P ) Simply ran out of time and money and besides, the bathroom can be something for the new owners to put their own personal mark on. There is also a 4th smaller bedroom that we use as a study/office.

Street Font View of our home

The lounge room

The Kitchen

The Dining Room

The Main bedroom




Spare room 1

Spare room 2

The back deck

The back garden




1 comments:

Unknown said...

OMGOSH!!!
I would buy it in a minute!!
Your home is lovely - you have done such a great job with the re-model and decor.
And it is SPOTLESS!!!!!
Thanks For Sharing Loverly!!!